Satellite Hospitals for Bribie Island & Caboolture
Bribie Island & Caboolture Satellite Hospitals
Our seven Satellite Hospitals across SE Qld are part of a world-first program to provide hospital care tailored to individual communities experiencing high growth and demand for health services.
Caboolture Satellite Hospital is NOW OPEN!
Here’s the full list of services our Caboolture Satellite Hospital offers, starting 3 August 2023!
Caboolture Satellite Hospital services so far
A Minor Illness and Injury Centre, open 7 days a week from 8am until 10pm.
The centre will offer walk-in urgent care for common injuries and illnesses like broken bones, infections, strains and sprains, minor head injuries, minor eye issues, wounds and fevers.
This means you won’t have to wait for a GP appointment, or wait at the busy Caboolture Hospital ED.
Caboolture will also have:
- Mental health care
- Hospital dental, including dental surgery
- A sleep services clinic
- An Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander Health Hub
Bribie Island Satellite Hospital under construction!
Construction is well underway on our Bribie Island Satellite Hospital!
Bribie's Satellite Hospital will be finished in 2024.
BIG NEWS – here’s the full list of services our Bribie Satellite Hospital will have!
I know many of you have been waiting to find out what hospital services will be available in the heart of our community.
Bribie Island Satellite Hospital services so far
A Minor Illness and Injury Centre, open 7 days a week from 8am until after 10pm.
The centre will offer walk-in urgent care for common injuries and illnesses like broken bones, infections, strains and sprains, minor head injuries, minor eye issues, minor wounds and fevers.
This means you won’t have to wait for a GP appointment, or drive to Caboolture Hospital, while taking pressure off our busy ED.
Bribie will also have:
- Renal dialysis chairs so people currently travelling long distances multiple times per week can get care closer to home
- Day medical chairs, for services like infusions of iron, IV medications, antibioitics and steroids and blood transfusions, to treat conditions like rheumatoid arthritis, immune deficiencies and infections.
- A rehabilitation gym
- Oral health services
- Mental health appointments
- Geriatric assessment & intervention
- Medical imaging and diagnostic services including ultrasound, X-ray and pathology to support the services provided
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Health Hub.
Locals will be able to receive healthcare quickly and close to home from Queensland Health hospital doctors, nurse, allied health professionals and mental health specialists.
Not only will our Satellite Hospitals provide more healthcare closer to home, they have created over 200 local jobs during construction.
HIRING IS Live for the Caboolture and Bribie Island Satellite Hospitals. You can find the jobs online here: https://smartjobs.qld.gov.au/
I will let everyone know when more roles become available. You can stay up-to-date with job applications below.